1/03/2013

Zeke's 1st Birthday Treat!



I had a lot of fun making these Frog Rice Krispies Treats for my son's 1st birthday party! I was feeling like I needed to do something creative and this was a nice way to get out some of my creativity while not taking on a huge project. They turned out better than I thought they would, so I am going to share what I did, just follow the directions  for the Original Rice Krispies Treats here.

1) Add however much green food coloring looks good to you, but add it to the melted marsh mellow mixture BEFORE adding the Rice Krispies.
2) Spray your hands with Canola oil spray to keep the Rice Krispies mixture from sticking to them.
3) Grab a serving size of the mixture and form it into the basic frog face, pictured above.
4) "Glue" edible eye's on with White Icing and make a nice big smile with green frosting.

I purchased Betty Crocker Decorating Cupcake Icing in their Green and White, and I found the edible eyes at Wal-mart in the Party & Occasions section. 





No comments: