1/19/2007

Bloomington is NOT Normal


I just came back from visiting my brother Ben and my Uncle Todd in Bloomington-Normal. It was a last minuet decision to go really. Instead of leaving on Friday night like normal, I left Dark and Early Saturday morning at 6am. I sat in the Starbucks across the street to wait for the 6:55 Metra to Chicago. It was a nice time to have a cup of coffee and read my Bible.
Ben picked me up in Uncle Todd's PT cruiser "Ruby". And we had lunch and then went shopping for a bit. Afterwards we Saw the movie "The pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith and his son, acting as his son, in this film. It was neat to see them acting together. The movie is based on a real story, about a low class income family getting to the top. And all the impossible things that the father had to do to get there. I liked the fact that he had to work real hard, and he seemed to have a good work ethic. One thing I did not like about it was the fact that the mother quit on him, and just gave up on her husband, she was not supportive at all, and even though they made it seem like an okay thing that she left her son with the father and went off, the reason was pitiful. The other thing I did not like about it was the message that real happiness and success is from how much money you make. Now it did not say that blatantly, but that was the message that came across to me.
On Sunday after church Ben and I went out to Starbucks and had a nice time talking. We like to do that, While I get my *cough*-ee, (Ben's interpretation) Ben gets his hot chocolate. Starbucks is a nice place to talk, I wonder what they put in there drinks, because I am not always that talkative. Maybe it is just coffee in general, because even though I really like Starbucks, Caribou Coffee is my favorite coffee shop.

No comments: