2/27/2008

Teaching to a student's heart <3


The new semester is starting out well. One thing that I am learning is when I think I have a "bad group of kids" it is probably not there fualt. It is mine. When I truly care and interact with the students as I see them, even only for 2 days. The attidude of the teacher toward the students, directly impacts how the kids are going to interact and respond to you. So even if I am "teaching fine" and getting the right words out, if my heart is not in it then the students know! But even if I make a mistake in a class, but my heart is toward the students to love them and care about them, to show them the love of Christ, then they respond so well! There is always an exception, and if I love them still, even correction that may be needed, is taken better.


No comments: