4/04/2008


Sometimes we try too hard to "have fun". And end up being disappointed. I think it is because we have certain expectations that we make, as well as unconscious expectations. If we leave those all to the Lord and we decide to rest in Him, then the joy/fun will come. And it will be the kind that is most likely free of selfishness and unfulfilled expectations, but full of true joy in the life that He has given and the unexpected things that come our way. I like surprises, but it is hard to enjoy surprises if I know exactly what I think I need or want. Because when the surprise comes, I may see it as not my plan, or something that is going wrong. Instead I should take the unexpected things that WILL come, as from the Lord.

The only reason I say any of this is because I am still learning this very thing... Not even sure how it came out. I just started typing and this is what you got, I was not even consciously thinking about this subject. Must be that God wants me to learn more about it...

And as I see it from the verses below, this is the end of the matter...Our expectation should be in the Lord!

Here are some verses I looked up that encouraged me on this subject...
Ps. 10:4 - The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

Prov. 11:7 - When the wicked man dies, his hope [for the future] perishes; and the expectation of the godless comes to nothing.

Ps. 92:5 - O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.

Is. 55:8-9 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Prov. 16:3 - Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Ps. 62:5 - My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

Ps. 39:7 - And now, Lord, what do I wait for and expect? My hope and expectation are in You.

Rom. 9:33 - As it is written, Behold I am laying in Zion a Stone that will make men stumble, a Rock that will make them fall; but he who believes in Him [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him] shall not be put to shame nor be disappointed in his expectations. [Isa 28:16 ]

No comments: