5/21/2008

Wednesday

Me, Mom, Hannah, our Pastor and the church missionary went to the Hospital today. The Hospital is called Tai Da Hospital (Too Big Hospital), it is the biggest hospital in Taiwan.

Mom went in first. And then came out and said that Hannah should go with her. Everyone was having a hard time emotionally. God gave mom and Hannah the grace to actually go in and talk a little without losing it. Then it was my turn. I was having a hard time not crying, and if anyone knows me I am not the one to cry in public at all, it takes a lot to make me cry. I usually laugh at all the wrong times instead of crying. It is very embarrassing. Any way, today I was crying. Lynn's Mom, Dad, two sisters and Jack (Lynn's husband), and Jacks brother were there. Jacks brother was helping everyone in the robes and handing out masks for those going to see Lynn. I got the robe on, put on the mask and sanitized my hands with the sanitizer at the door. I went in the double doors and looked in the first room on my left, "no, this is not it, is it?" I was looking back for direction on where to go, and yes, this was indeed the room. I knew that she would look somewhat different, but I had no idea it would be this different. With all the tubes in her moth and nose and the swelling, she did NOT look like Lynn. But it was her. It was all I could do to talk... "this is Naomi, wu i ni Lynn, Ye sue i ni" (I love you Lynn, Jesus loves you). "How are you?" Ha, like she could even answer. I did not know what to say, but there was no response. Her head was slightly turned in my direction I could see her that her eyes were open just a little. Her eyeballs did not even move. It was like she was dead, and just barely alive. All I could do was rub her hand. I could not say more for fear I would brake down and sob. Mom and Hannah were not far behind. We told her we loved her and that we were praying for her. After we left Mom went back with the pastor and missionary (who's Chinese name escapes me, sorry). Lynn had meet the pastor one time when she went to our bible study. The Pastor asked Lynn if she remembered him. And then, praise the Lord, she made a very obvious and slow nod of the head yes. They shared the gospel, simple and clear.

This is an answer to prayer that we even had the chance to do this. She is still in very bad condition, we don't know how long she has. She still needs a heart transplant. The heart disease could go to her other organs and then they would not even give her a heart transplant. She can't talk and she can hardly move. If she is not heavily sedated then she is in great pain. Please keep her in prayer.... it works!

No comments: