5/15/2006

Monday, May 15


Monday, May 15Yay! We finished grading the journals today. And also we are celebrating Erin’s 23ed birthday this evening. Her real birthday is tomorrow. Erin invited some Mongolian young ladies to our apartment to celebrate her birthday. We played a game, ate ice cream, and sang some hymns. It is really neat, especially, to hear both the English and Mongolian languages at the same time when we sing. I think that all of the Mongolian girls that came are new Christians, they have mostly come to know Christ through someone in our team, and it is neat the relationships that we have as a team with them. I think one of the major things that we have been able to do here in Mongolia is to disciple the Christians here. There are a lot of new Christians and they do not always know how/or what it looks like to apply what God says in the Bible to their lives. And for those of us who have grown up in Christian family’s I think it gives them more of a vision of how a Christian family can work. Not that we are perfect. J One of the girls that came this evening, asked me to share my testimony of when I became a Christian. It was neat to share with her, and then she shared her testimony with me. I have been surprised at how many Mongolians ask me if I am a Christian. They are very direct and say things that in America we might think are rude. One girl told me that my lips where chapped and I should probably use some chap stick, and licking your lips is not good for your chapped lips. J They really try and help out and say what they think on a lot of matters.

No comments: