5/10/2006

Wednesday, May 10th

Wednesday, May 10thToday Erika and I helped with teaching at MIU. We helped by passing out a quiz and then once the quiz started we walked around and pulled people out that we would catch or even think might be cheating, then we would give them the quiz orally, tomake sure and see if they were cheating or not, cheating is a big problem in the schools. We then spent the rest of the morning and awhile in the afternoon grading the quizzes and the student’s journals that they are supposed to turn in. In their journals they are to give personal examples of the 5 "I will's" of the character quality that we areteaching at the time. The one for today was Initiative. And the “I will’s? are;1. I will do what is right before being told2. I will not put off until tomorrow the things I can do today3. I will contribute to the success of the whole team4. I will be part of the solution rather than the problem5. I will look for ways to help othersIt was neat to read some of the journals and see into some of the lives of thestudents.

No comments: